Problems with importing objects with complex collision and LODs

Hi, does anyone know how you could go about exporting an object with both a complex collision and LODs from Maya into UE4? I’ve managed to export an object with LODs and a simple collision, no problems there, but when it’s a complex one with multiple UCX_[meshName]_XX, it doesn’t work and I’ll only get some of my collisions, not all of them. I’ve tried a few things and looked for an answer online, but I can’t seem to find anything.

Current outliner setup when exporting:

• [Maya LOD group] Mesh
    • [group] LOD_0
      • Mesh_01
        *[group] LOD_1
      • Mesh_02
  • UCX_Mesh_01
  • UCX_Mesh_02
  • UCX_Mesh_03
  • UCX_Mesh_04
  • UCX_Mesh_05

It’s been a while since I have brought in multiple collisions through FBX but something I see as a potential issue is your collisions are named incorrectly. E.g. you do not have any meshes in that list called Mesh_03, Mesh_04, etc. Instead your collisions should be called UCX_Mesh_01_01, UCX_Mesh_01_02, etc.

Although having two groups of numbers using underscores like that may also cause issues. If it does you could also try renaming your mesh to Mesh01 and then your collisions can be UCX_Mesh01_01, UCX_Mesh01_02, etc.

Wow haha I can’t believe it was easy. I think my LOD group might have been named the same as the first mesh, so on export it would rename the mesh inside? Either way, now it works.

Many thanks Steve!

Hi guys,
I’m in the same situation. I am currently using 5 (5.2) version. I can’t correctly export my Maya LOD hierarchy with the custom collision meshe(s). Has anyone done this ? Can you screenshot the hierarchy in maya , (because in writing it can be confusing )? THANKS

@SamirMoussa I’ve fixed my problem by grouping the lod group and the colliders under the same group named as the file

without this, unreal imported the colliders as standard meshes, this way ensure the col meshes are not considered as lod submesh