Problems with classes and functions

Hey Guys,
First of all, really sorry for my bad english :smiley:
I hope you can help me out. I am really new to c++ / UE an I am following a general c++ tutorial.
My problem is applying the things to unreal engine. I am struggling at calling a basic function from another class.

So I opened the standard FirstPerson Project from ue and with the help of a tutorial i created a raycast line which returns the name of the hitted object.
What I am trying to do now, is creating an Actor “EnemyActor” which has a private Variable ‘int health’ and a public function which is called ‘void ApplyDamage()’.

Whenever I use the Raycast hotkey, the Character class should call the function AEnemyActor::ApplyDamage().

Here is my Code:

EnemyActor.cpp

#include "MyRaycastProject.h"
#include "EnemyActor.h"
#include "Engine.h"

// Sets default values
AEnemyActor::AEnemyActor()
{
 	// Set this actor to call Tick() every frame.  You can turn this off to improve performance if you don't need it.
	PrimaryActorTick.bCanEverTick = true;
	health = 100;

}

// Called when the game starts or when spawned
void AEnemyActor::BeginPlay()
{
	Super::BeginPlay();

}

// Called every frame
void AEnemyActor::Tick( float DeltaTime )
{
	Super::Tick( DeltaTime );

}

void AEnemyActor::ApplyDamage()
{
	health -= 10;
	GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 5.f, FColor::Red, FString::Printf(TEXT("Applied Damage.. %d Health left"), health));
}

From the MyRaycastProjectCharacter.cpp…

void AMyRaycastProjectCharacter::PerformRaycast()
{

AEnemyActor EActor;

FHitResult* HitResult = new FHitResult;
	FVector StartTrace = FirstPersonCameraComponent->GetComponentLocation();
	FVector ForwardVector = FirstPersonCameraComponent->GetForwardVector();
	FVector EndTrace = ((ForwardVector * 5000.0f) + StartTrace);
	FCollisionQueryParams* TraceParams = new FCollisionQueryParams;

if (GetWorld()->LineTraceSingleByChannel(*HitResult, StartTrace, EndTrace, ECC_Visibility, *TraceParams))
	{
		DrawDebugLine(GetWorld(), StartTrace, EndTrace, FColor(255, 0, 0), true);
		GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 5.f, FColor::Red, FString::Printf(TEXT("You Hit: %s"), *HitResult->Actor->GetName()));

EActor.ApplyDamage();

}
}

The Raycast thing is alright. But whenever I try to call the function ApplyDamage(), my UE just closes and restarts.
I hope you guys can help me. I am facing this problem since 2-3 days. but there are no c++ tutorials for ue.
All I can see is Blueprint ;(

Looking at the PerformRaycast() method, EActor is never set, so this is going to throw an exception when you call .ApplyDamage() on the uninitialized variable.

Might wanna set EActor to HitResult->Actor if the type is right.