Problems Referencing static mesh and other assets in data table

Hi Folks,

I’ve been using a data table as part of a random item generation system. I can pull through data just fine. Now I want to start pulling through models and particle effects.

I’m starting with static mesh to test the concept before I go ahead and base a whole heap of other stuff on this system.

My Table
Name,Name,DMGMin,DMGMAX,DMGMult,Mesh
1,Wand1,1,3,0.2,“StaticMesh’/Game/Mesh/Shape_NarrowCapsule’”
2,Wand2,2,4,0.2,“StaticMesh’/Game/Mesh/Shape_NarrowCapsule’”
3,Wand3,3,5,0.2,“StaticMesh’/Game/Mesh/Shape_NarrowCapsule’”

For now, while I test for proof of concept, I want all 3 types to spawn with the same mesh. They already spawn with the right stats just fine.

To do that, I use this struct.

STRUCT.png

This gives me the following usable datatable.

DataTable.png

I can’t for the life of me figure out the syntax for getting that mesh!

The Mesh itself sits in the following location in the editor
/Game/Mesh/

The Physical location of the asset is
C:\Users\Me\Documents\Unreal Projects\Sweettittayhumpingmagicproject\Content\Mesh\Shape_NarrowCapsule.uasset

Things I have tried.

1. Sitting the source CSV inside the project folder
  2. Allsorts of derivations of StaticMesh, Static Mesh, Static_Mesh - However the editor references them as StaticMesh
  3. With and without teh file extensions - both. FBX and .uasset
  • I am compiled using the binary download.

• My editor by default generates projects into mydocuments

• Everything is completely vanilla

• No, I don’t want to use any of Ramas plugins - half the table works - which means the problem isn’t the editor, it’s me.

Anyone shine a light on how to point to the asset? It’s doing my box in!

Evening Folks,

I have the answer, so I’ll post it back for anyone else having an issue.

It was totally me.

The correct way to feed in is as follows: “StaticMesh’/Game/Mesh/Shape_Pipe_180.Shape_Pipe_180’”

I have absolutely no idea why It’s being declared twice, but hey - it’s an answer, and I hope this helps anyone else searching for similar in the future. Having to organise my data in a different way would have required a radical rethink of other sections that I’ve already created.

:smiley: