Problem with Windows 10 ver 1903 build 18362.592: Computer unresponsive after changing current level

This is driving me nuts. A couple of days ago Windows pestered me to install an update. Every time I do, I regret it. Is anyone else having trouble with Windows 10 ver 1903 build 18362.592? Windows is completely unresponsive for 10-20 seconds after I change current level in the editor. Any idea what’s causing it? I think I might undo the update tonight if this keeps up.

Yeah, these windows bugs can make one crazy. It’s because this I use UDK with my old and now (finally :D) unsupported Windows 7 (I wont get any new updates). Why don’t you try running UDK on a Windows 7 Virtual Machine? It may work without giving you any bugs nor crashes.

Good luck!

Cant help as my windows is 1709 build 16229.15(i have my updates blocked for years) but i hope it gets fixed soon.The fear i have passed after this one
https://forums.unrealengine.com/lega…-by-around-1-3

Does this happen on x64 build? The problem in the above link(now fixed by Microsoft) only plagued the 32 bit udk exe.Also did the gpu drivers auto updated with the win update?

Yes, I suffered many year with virus in Windows XP, to the point of having one computer for internet (with linux, debian), and my development computer (which I used to work in 3D Animations for TV Commercial) never connected to the internet.

Now, with Windows 7, I don’t have problem with virus, I can say that I even forget about viruses. I use Norton Internet Security for almost 7 years (I purchase anual license), and trully NEVER had problems with viruses once again.

I also don’t download too much stuff, and only navigate on “safe” websites.

The only problem with Norton is that many times it deletes files, like small programs I download, plugins for sotwares, even zipped files, which it “considers” as virus. But this is easy to fix, just setting up folders for exclusion from scanning, and you can always go to quarantine and restore these deleted items, and tell norton to never remove them again.

Cheers!

What do you think of Sophos?

just leave updates off it will only make things worse. and windows 10 paired with udk probs isnt a good idea its more stable under 7 and supports it.