Problem with UMG / Networking 4.5

Hello wraith321,

I was able to reproduce your issue. I have submitted a report (UE-7021) to the development team for further consideration. Thank you for all of your information and time. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available.

Thank you for the work around. Hopefully this gets fixed in 4.7

Ok so i just got 4.7 preview 8 and this looks fixed. the funny thing is the editor now crashes with the workaround.

Hello SentientBot,

I have a few questions for you to help narrow down what issue it is that is causing the crash that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce your crash in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce the issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of the blueprints involved with your issue?
  4. Are you receiving any other errors?

Yes I can.

Start with a blank map.

Create a widget bp and a player controller bp. Save them and close the editor. (this is required. i dont know why)

Open your project again, open the player controller and add this code

30518-bug.jpg

Click compile and it will crash. if you save this before clicking compile, your editor will crash when opening.

Hello SentientBot,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-10285) and I have submitted it the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your information and time.

Make it a great day

Hi, Any news?

Hello Kheka,

I looked into the issues listed on this page and there have been no updates into the status of either issue.

This caused an issue for me this week as well, and I really don’t like the solution… but I guess I’ll have to use it?

I ran into this issue today and am glad to say I found this UE4 answers post about it.

I was able to get the workaround going, but now I’m left contemplating which implementation is “more correct”

Using the HUD class or using the Player Controller to instantiate widgets.

May 5 2015. Still exists for me

Hello Kheka,

There are two issues listed here. I went ahead and checked on both of these issues for you. It appears that UE-7021 has not been resolved as of this time, however, UE-10285 has been fixed internally and will be available in a later release of the engine. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day