Problem with the "Build"-function in Visual Studio while working with c++ on my unreal projects

Hi,

When having a project in Unreal Engine mostly using C++ Coding ive struggled with the problem of not being able to ´build´the code in visual studio however, compiling in Unreal Engine works.

Ive managed to live with that for a few days until recently when i got an error in unreal engine and not being able to do anything about it since i couldnt (from what i know anyway) do anything about it, as im unable to build in Vs, i deleted the project. :frowning:

Some background info, coding only in VS 2017 in c++ is no problem at all, building works. The issue discribed above goes for all projects made in unreal engine.

The error i get is
“Code: MSB3073” "Description: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” BuildingEscapeEditor Win64 Development “D:\Unreal Engine-projekt\BuildingEscapeClone\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 1.
“Project: BuildingEscape”
“File: Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets”
“Line: 44”

Unreal Engine seems to be able to communicate with VS but not the other way around?

Also

What isnt shown in the output is included and shown in the error.

Swedish to English

in output it says “Det går inte hitta sökvägen” -> “cant find the search path”

I cant be the only one in the world with this problem? :frowning:

Edit: Could a possible problem be that the userfolder on the computer is named similar to “g4m3rC0mput0r^” (No, i didnt name it myself).