Problem with saving game

Hello, for example I have finished first tutorial level, and in save file tutorial=1 (only tutorial variable changed), then I going to options (another level), and changed something (only options variables changed), but after this tutorial variable again equal 0. I create save like here Saving and Loading Your Game | Unreal Engine Documentation (but 4.22 dont have “Async Save Game to Slot”, “I used Save Game to Slot”). So, I need every time rewrite all 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 saves variables?

Oh, so I dont need to use Create Save Game Object every time when I want to save something, if Save Game Exist? D: I thought its like casting :slight_smile: And in new version of UE we not need to use cast after Create Save Game Object as in video which you showed (I can get veriables without casting)?

Yes, when you create, you don’t need to cast. Just the rest of the time…

Best to post your code. Save to slot is better that async in my opinion anyway.

The mistake most people make, is updating the save game object, but not writing it back to the slot.

You can also take a look at this:

Thanks for answers :slight_smile: Its strange, 4.22 dont have async loading node, but have canceling async loading node.

Like I say, wouldn’t worry about it. Async is a one off call when you have a LOT of data. You can’t overlap async calls otherwise most of them don’t fire. For most humans, the normal nodes are just perfect :wink: