Problem with package launching using Wwise

Hi , I am having two issue with wwise with two different version of Unreal

While Using Unreal 4.25.4, the issue is that when I open a packagec project(I can package it without problem, just can’t open it), there is an error message saying "UE4 "Plugin Wwise failed to load because module ‘AkAudio’ could not be found"

I know there is already a post about it on audiokinetic.com but I don’t undestand the solution, here is why: I can’t find Project.Build.cs or build.cs I have a AkAudio.Build But I’m not sure this is what they are refering to. I also tried other solution like creating a cpp class which mwessed up my project even more

On the other hand while Using Unreal 4.24.3 this is what happen, if I dont create the loadbank node , the game has no sound, if I put it, the game crash. here is the first line of the error message : Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000020

I don’t mind my project being in either version of Unreal so a solution to either of these problem is fine by me

Thanks

Hey franktd,

Not sure if you manage to solve this by not or not, but is your project Blueprint-Only? I seem to remember having a similar issue a while ago that was resolved by installing the latest version of Visual Basic and converting the project to a C++ one. It’s been a hot minute since then though, sorry I can’t be more specific! Wwise can be finicky.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Matt

Reviving this to say that I have the same issue. I am on UE4.27 and Wwise 2021.
The difference is that I am on a Mac OSX Monterey. This is a blueprint project.

I can try installing Visual Studio 2019 to see what happens, but when I am hesitant to convert my project to a C++ project as last time I did that, the project wouldn’t build at all.

I even tried making a brand new blank project, but the error still happened.

The error happens on both Windows and Mac as a friend tried building the project on Windows and when trying to run the package, got the same error.

What is with this? Thanks.

Here’s something I found that worked for me. I created a new cpp class of the world settings and after that the problem disappeared.

Here’s the link: