Problem with MSB3073 For a Dedicated Sever

Hello, im new in VS 2022 and im doing a dedicated server for a project in UE 5.3.2.
The problem is that when I build the solution, this error shows up:

Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" MyProjectServer Win64 Development -Project="C:\Users\Diego\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" salió con el código 6.	MyProject	C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	44		

It is in spanish, but It says that there is an error with code 6.

I hope someone helps me, I tried a lot of things like deleting Engine/Intermediate , changing direction folder to make it more short, etc.

<3

2 Likes

The last error was wrong, this is the full error:

""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" MyProjectServer Win64 Development -Project="C:\Users\Diego\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" salió con el código 6.	MyProject	C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	44		

1 Like

I have the same problem, i been fighting this for a whole month. I dont know what it is, please help my head hurts!

1 Like

Oh yeah my head hurts too, Its looks like a lot of people its having the same problem like me.
I hope someone help us, I dont know where to start to try fixing it. :sob:

1 Like

Yeah… it sucks hope we can find a solution in here! :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

You need to open the debug log and see the information that is presented there. It will probably show you if some module is missing, or whether a plugin is not getting located etc. Check the log and then post it here.

Thanks for reply shady, really appreciated, the .log name is “ActivityLog” right, and how do I find the specific error?, I hope you can help me, I don’t know what to do. <3

Yes that is the file, you need to open that file with text editor or XML editor and see what information is present inside. Maybe even post the log here so I can see it as well.

1 Like

Exit code 6 is just a generic compilation error exit code.
You need to look for proper compilation error messages in the Output tab in VS.