Download

Problem with "Modeling Tools Editor Mode" Plugin

Hello, new here so I’m not sure if I’m in the right place to report a problem/ask if PEBCAC is happening…

Using the Modeling Tools plugin to modify an imported asset in the editor, I’ve run into a problem where I have an asset that I’m trying to modify so I select it in modeling mode and then remove the triangles I want rid of and then once I’m done the piece I’ve just deleted comes back!!!

I’ve figured out by specifying a forced LOD in asset details panel that the modeling tools plugin only lets you edit 1 LOD, where this asset I’m working with has 5 LODs as part of the asset. I can’t seem to find a way to choose which LOD I’m editing with the plugin and forcing a specified LOD in the normal way doesn’t seem to allow you to edit the other LODs and obviously it’s undesireable to have a part missing in only one LOD.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Apologies for the delay in replying, but also unfortunately I don’t have good news. In 4.x Modeling Mode only supports editing LOD0. It will be possible in future versions, but it will not make it into 4.27.