Problem with installing prerequisites & GenerateProjectFiles

Hi,i am facing some problems here. when i clicked on setup.bat and finished downloading , it said ( installing prerequisites ) and when i press Ok to this screen that appears and asks me if i want this program to make changes to my computer nothing happens and i don’t know if that’s it or there is still some files to download and when i press GenerateProjectFiles it gives me this screen Screenshot by Lightshot and i don’t know what to do here
PS, the remaining space in C is 2.4 GB but i downloaded every thing in D so if these prerequisites are downloading itself to C and it’s more than 2.4 GB i think the problem is in here but if it’s not i hope you know the issue here.
and yes i downloaded the zip file and i am talking about 4.7.3 release.

Hey -

If you navigate to this folder location is the MSBuild.exe file in the folder?C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 (If you are on a 64bit OS you may want to check the folder “Framework64” instead of Framework). Additionally you can try reinstalling .NETFramework

i went to this location and i don’t know what to do next ?
and i found this{
Microsoft.Build.Commontypes
Microsoft.Build.Core }

Did you find the MSBuild.exe file inside the folder? Additionally you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your .NETFramework

i did as you said and after reinstalling .NETFramework i went to the same location and that’s what i found

and also i tried this solution (http://davesmith-developer.blogspot.com/2012/12/running-msbuild-add-msbuild-to-path.html ) and something went wrong ,when i start GenerateProjectFiles i found this
Screenshot by Lightshot
i don’t know what’s happening now.

What version of Visual Studio are you working with? Do you have more than one version of Visual Studio on your computer (such as both 2012 and 2013)? Also, let me know if you get the same error when trying to run the batch files for another version of the editor (such as the 4.6 branch from github).

i am using visual studio 2013 , no i don’t have any versions of visual studio but i found some programs that i found installed and at the end of its name i found words like visual studio 2012 and 2010 .
no this is my first version of unreal engine .

Hey ahmed-

Sorry for the delayed response. Are you able to run Setup.bat again? What message do you get if you do so? Can you then run GenerateProjectFiles.bat afterwards? Additionally, let me know if you’re able to download the zip for 4.7.4 and run Setup.bat and GenerateProjectFiles.bat for that engine version. It should attempt to install on the same drive that you unzip to but if you do have any errors you may want to try freeing some space on your C:/ drive and then trying again.

Hi ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.