Problem with flipped normals from Blender to Unreal

Hello! I’m a beginner in Unreal and trying to import some assets from Blender to Unreal Engine.
I made sure the normals are flipped correctly in Blender but for some reason, in Unreal they flipped inward. I tried checking & unchecking the ’ Invert normal maps ’ option in the Unreal import window and nothing happened. Thank you!

Did you read somewhere you need the normals back to front? I find they work fine.

Do you mean if I flip them to all red in Blender? Yeah I tried that but that created lightlmass problems. When I baked the lighting all planes were black, because they’re supposed to be inward.

Enable the ModelingToolkit plugin, you can more easily edit the normals there.

1 Like

Hi! Did you apply-ed the rotation and scale in blender before export? Some times, the normal flips, after export if you don’t apply the rotation and scale. For this, select your model in object mode, then hit ctrl+A, and apply rotation and scale

2 Likes

Yesss, applying the rotation and scale worked. Thank you!

1 Like

If anyone still has this problem even if your normals are correct, and you already applied rotation and scale in Blender, you could try ‘Reverse Culling’ under the Lighting settings of your mesh details.

1 Like