I have a problem with making an actor move smoothly. I seem to have tried every possible solution, but nothing solves the problem for me.
What I want to achieve:
- Player picks up an object
- Object starts updating its position to always be at the position where the owning player is looking at (and moving at)
- The updating of the position happens smoothly
What is not working:
The updating of the positions does not happen smoothly, there is snapping as the object position is updated from A to B
What I currently have:
- Timeline replacing Event tick - constantly looping
- Timeline for lerping from the old position to the new position - I realize I am not using the timeline correctly by using the “Set New Time” with the 0.2 value, but this is the best solution I have actually gotten to work. Problem with this is that the speed is too slow and if the character runs fast the object does not catch up. If I up the value to 0.3 or higher it starts becoming not smooth again.
I believe the outer TickTimer is constantly overriding the MoveTimeline, I have tried having some branches there to check if the MoveTimeline is finished before calling it again, but this just means there is a weird gap where the object stops moving for a moment after the MoveTimeline finishes and is started again with the new locations.
If anyone could point me to the correct direction here that would be great.