Problem with collision creating time

1. I have a static mesh

1. I was trying to make the “Convex Decomposition” with Accuracy = 1.0 and Max Hull Vertex = 32
  2. Press “apply” button
  3. On the step “Processing [Merge Convex Hulls]”, collision had created more than 2 hours

I repeated with another settings:

1. I was trying to make the “Convex Decomposition” with Accuracy = 0.99 and Max Hull Vertex = 32
  2. Press “apply” button
  3. The collision had been created (around 1 min)

Hi MuttCG,

I believe this has something to do with how the engine code handles the difference between .99 and 1.0. It is likely rounding to tenths instead of hundredths so it’s probably more like .9 and 1.0. I could enter a feature request for this but to be honest, it will likely be backlogged immediately because Convex Decomposition is meant for lower poly objects than what you have shown.

1.0 takes so much longer because it is creating as much collision detail as possible for all of the various beams that you have in your model. When using a lower poly model there is almost no difference between .99 and 1.0.

With the model you have shown, I would recommend creating a much more simplified custom collision in your modeling software rather than using the editor to generate it for you.

Here is some additional info on FBX best practices that might come in handy.

Cheers,

TJ