Problem with character rotation snapping back to 0,0,0

Hello everyone, I’m new to Unreal and after some digging can’t find any examples of my issue online.

Some backing information, I’m attempting to make a fps point and click character. (I’m not sure if I am using the right base blueprint, or if that would impact anything.) It has a simple camera rig on a spring arm. I am clamping the yaw and pitch to force the camera into a confined perspective. Simply put, I am working on the transition piece for when the user moves from object to object in game. Using a timeline and lerps on the position/rotation of the character against the position/rotation of a place holder(called node) object in the level. I’ve ran into an issue where the “Use Controller Rotation” options in the details of the character seem to override the final rotation of the transition. Snapping the character back to its original rotation.

I have experimented by setting a delay at the end of the timeline to set these booleans, once they are set to true it snaps the camera back, so it is definitely relevant to the issue. Problem is, without them checked once the transition is complete the user has no control over the character.

Any info would be helpful, here are a few snap shots, including the FPSCharacter blueprint, clampview function, and the level blueprint which controls the transition.

Try setting the required rotation with ‘SetControlRotation’

345842-screenshot-1.jpg