Problem when exporting displacement maps from RC

Hi everyone,
I have a problem when exporting the displacement map from RC after baking it from a high res to a low res model. I know, that it is displayed as red/blue in RC and exported as grey. But my grey image doesn’t look right.

This is the image shown in RC:

But when I open the exported EXR in Photoshop, all red parts are completely black with a value of 0.

Is there a way to get a centered displacement map, which contains both positive and negative values or am I doing something wrong?
I used the RC simplify tool to get my low poly mesh.
Thank you for your help!

The RC displacement map has both positive and negative values, if your result model intersects with the original model this is the only way that the displacement can recreate an exact or close to replica of the original geometry, unfortunately not all software will recognise these negative values, and so it will be clipped which is what you are seeing in photoshop. you could normalize the map, but the problem there is when this is applied to the resulting model, it won’t fully make sense. But judging by your UVs, it looks like you have imported a plane to make a texture. If I am correct, then I suggest you place your plane just below the surface or from whatever point you want your displacement to start, with the normal pointing towards the high-poly, that way it will all look blue, and you will only have positive values, which can be read by most software.