Problem using linked animation sequences

I updated to 4.26.1 the other night and have been running into some issues with control rig and sequencer. The largest issue is creating linked animation sequences doesn’t appear to work properly anymore, the animations no longer update if you change the level sequence that it’s linked to. Anytime I make changes, I have to make a new animation sequence and replace the old one with it. The other issue is that the control that you’re manipulating in the control rig no longer stays selected after you move it. Not a huge deal but makes spotting what control you want to key a little annoying since the highlight drops. Both of these things worked fine for me in 4.26.0, does anyone know a work around for the linked animation sequence or am I doing something wrong?

@CipherVl having this problem in 5EA. some animations just not getting the update. have you solved it yet?

I’m afraid I don’t remember if I did anything to solve this issue, but I have not encountered it in some time now. I have not made any linked animations in 5EA just yet. I vaguely remember that saving the animation sequence was saving to a different linked animation (so one animation was linked to two sequences and they would overwrite each-other depending on which sequence you saved last). I don’t know why it had this behavior and I think my usual work around was to delete the animation that was not updating and create a new linked animation. If that didn’t work I think I made a new animation sequence, copied over all the keys from the bugged sequencer, and then made a new linked animation sequence.

1 Like

could not find the solution either. im just making the assets in a different project now, deleting and resaving each time
Thank you for the fast reply

5.0.2 the problem seems to still exist. The linked animation sequence does not update after updating in sequencer.

1 Like

I remember trying it before and works in 5xx, now not updated anymore