Problem starting project on engine source code :engine modules are out of date?

Hi,

We are busy with a porting project and we just have a new hire. We tried to get the project on his machine but when we try to start it up we get a Missing Modules message saying:
engine modules are out of date and cannot be compiled while engine is running please build through your ide.

We work in unreal 4.27 which we build from source. We already added DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2 to both [project name].Target.cs and [project name].Editor.Target.cs but it doesn’t seem to work.

I was wondering if anyone had any other solution for this problem?

1 Like

Having this same problem right now.

1 Like

Did you ever get this figured out? Having the same issue.

Did you ever get this figured out? Having the same issue,
I buillt the game in the 4.27.2 launcher version BP and now trying to convert to 4.27-Plus but getting that error. Hopefully someone know the answer.

What we ended up doing was going into DesktopPlatformBase.ccp and changing Arguments += " -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE"; too : Arguments += " -Progress"; .
However I’ve now encountered this in a second project and this doesn’t always seem to do the trick

1 Like

Thanks! This did the trick! Project opened! Now to see if the app will start after packaging for Android… I’m getting java errors when the app starts…