Problem Packaging Game: Environment Query System Plugin?

I am trying to package a project i’m working on (in UE 5.3, OSX 14.2) and after building the lighting, cooking the project, when i go to Package I hit an error that things are missing, and it stops.

I will paste the error code below, but it appears to be related to EQSQuery - which I think has to do with the old “Environment Query System”. I have tried disabling the plugin and restarting, deleting stuff on the finder level, re-enabling the plugin, deleting the Build/Intermediate/Saved folders to force a rebuild…nothing seems to help resolve this issue.

Is this EQS plugin enabled for projects from project creation? I am not actually using this anywhere in my game…I bought some assets from the Marketplace for static mesh props, is it possible one of their blueprints or demo levels might have this system implemented?

I am able to search for the BTTask_RunEQSQuery in my project, which opens the C++ class, but I am unable to see within the code where it is being utilized. Also, I can’t seem to delete the BTTask_RunEQSQuery from the project. Under Reference Viewer, It is connected to my AI Module which talks to my character blueprints, but again I am not actually utilizing the EQS.

Ultimately I am dead in the water with testing until I can figure out why I can’t package this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/AIModule/Classes/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTTask_RunEQSQuery.h(32): Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘UEnvQuery’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/AIModule/Classes/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTTask_RunEQSQuery.h(37): Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘FEnvNamedValue’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/AIModule/Classes/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTTask_RunEQSQuery.h(41): Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘FAIDynamicParam’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/AIModule/Classes/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTTask_RunEQSQuery.h(46): Error: Unable to find ‘enum’ with name ‘EEnvQueryRunMode::Type’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘UEnvQuery’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘FEnvNamedValue’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘FAIDynamicParam’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘enum’ with name ‘EEnvQueryRunMode::Type’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/AIModule/Classes/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTTask_RunEQSQuery.h(57): Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘FEQSParametrizedQueryExecutionRequest’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/AIModule/Classes/BehaviorTree/Services/BTService_RunEQS.h(27): Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘FEQSParametrizedQueryExecutionRequest’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/Controller.h(80): Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘ACharacter’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/CharacterMovementComponent.h(149): Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘ACharacter’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Classes/GameFramework/CharacterMovementComponent.h(1224): Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘ACharacter’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘FEQSParametrizedQueryExecutionRequest’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/AIModule/Classes/AISystem.h(113): Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘UEnvQueryManager’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘FEQSParametrizedQueryExecutionRequest’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘ACharacter’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘ACharacter’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘ACharacter’

PackagingResults: Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘UEnvQueryManager’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/AIModule/Classes/Tasks/AITask_RunEQS.h(23): Error: Unable to find ‘class’, ‘delegate’, ‘enum’, or ‘struct’ with name ‘UEnvQuery’

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Classes/Kismet/GameplayStatics.h(209): Error: Unable to find ‘class’ with name ‘ACharacter’

An update on this, to help me track this issue and maybe others in the future…I closed out my project and to the right of the installed UE version, used the dropdown to VERIFY the install of the engine. That removed all the EQS related error messages upon attempting to package.

From here I only have a few errors left, all specifically related to missing three batch files. I suspect this is related to backing up then renaming my project, but I don’t know how to resolve the issue.

-Running a basic test packaging the first person template from a new project worked as expected.
-Cloning the project and attempting to package resulted in the same errors and did not work.
-Deleting the BuildConfiguration.xml, which forced UE to regenerate upon starting up the project again, resulted in no change.
-Deleting the Binaries, Build DerivedDataCache, Intermediate, and Saved folders, then relaunching the project, also resulted in no change.

At this point I am trying to figure out how I can get the “versions.xcconfig” files for the three build versions to live in the proper place. I am going to try to copy them from the directory of the successful export of the First Person Project Template I built, and see if that resolves the issue.

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/UpdateVersionAfterBuild.sh: line 46: /Volumes/G-SPEED/Intermediate/Build/Versions.xcconfig: No such file or directory

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/UpdateVersionAfterBuild.sh: line 47: /Volumes/G-SPEED/Intermediate/Build/Versions.xcconfig: No such file or directory

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): /Users/(username)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/UpdateVersionAfterBuild.sh: line 48: /Volumes/G-SPEED/Intermediate/Build/Versions.xcconfig: No such file or directory

Closing this one out by saying it turned out to be a permissions issue - for some reason, the project lost permissions to write to it’s own folder…changing permissions of the RAID it was stored on, and the subsequent folders connected to the project did not fix the issue. Attempting to package the project to the desktop did not work, because the build was still attempting to use the project folder to generate files before final output, of course.

By moving the whole project folder from external storage to the desktop, and packaging from there, allowed the operation to complete.

Not sure as to the HOW or WHY the permissions changed of one folder, and why they can’t be restored, but at least there is a solution for now.