Problem of c++ classes

Hi, I would know why I have to compil my project to see all my c++ classes and how to fix it.

2 Likes

Class disappearing from the editor was a known issue of UE5.0.0, I don’t know if it’s been fixed in the 5.0.1 hotfix.

I disabled hotreload from the project settings and use CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+P to recompile the project

3 Likes

Why isn’t it in the editor hotkeys? I tried to find this hotkey on the Internet as well, but couldn’t. Thank you!

P.S. This is not the solution to the topic. But it’s a useful thing to know.

1 Like

It is, but sometimes it doesn’t show up! It happened to me too (not being able to find it)

3 Likes

Maybe it was fixed in 5.0.1, because in 5.0.0 it wasn’t there. Not it is.

I’m sure I used it in UE5.0.0, maybe it’s hidden if you start a blueprint only project? IDK! However Hot Reload enabled as default and the compile button removed from the top bar are a real pain for plugin developers! :sweat_smile:
If you liked that shortcut I think you might like my plugin too, because after you compile stuff you usually need to restart the editor in order to see the changes.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this a lot on the Internet, but in my case I only need to restart if I change the parenting of components in actors. IDK, everything else I do just works after compiling without restarting. What am I doing wrong? =)

1 Like

I really envy you!
If you use modules or edit a parent C++ class that has BP children, they usually don’t get refreshed, I often launch unreal directly from the VSCode debugger to compile and reboot with one key only :rofl:

P.S. I think I’ve just found the compile button :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes