Problem converting UE4.6.1 to UE4.7.*

So I have had a project going for a bout a year now. I have always updated it as new UE updates become available, but for this new update (4.7.0 - 4.7.2), My game is not correct. What I mean by it is:

• The terrain is jumbled and wrong
  • The particles are incorrect
  • The camera is offset

Attached are pictures for 4.6.1 and 4.7.2. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Hi GentleSaint,

I would like to be able to help further, however I will need some more information to be able to assist you. If you could, please make individual answerhub posts for each error you are experiencing. For this post, let’s focus on the landscape errors you are seeing. What specifically is happening to your landscape that is different from before updating?

Well, its distorted and broken, as shown in the second image when it should look like the first

Did you create the landscape in editor or was it imported from a heightmap?

created landscape in the editor

Is it a single landscape piece or do you have multiple landscape objects? Additionally,are you using the world composition browser?

I have one landscape object and it is not using world composition browser.

Can you tell me what specific steps you took during the conversion process? Additionally, can you show me a screenshot of your landscape material? Thank you!

I downloaded the 4.7 unreal engine. Then Went to my project folder that I wanted to update from 4.6 to 4.7 and right clicked on the unreal file and selected “Switch Unreal Version” and clicked 4.7. once that was complete, I opened up my .sln file for my code on the project and rebuilt all the files for 4.7. once that was successful, I loaded up my project in the main unreal engine editor and that when I saw the broken terrain.

As for the landscape material, Its the standard one that came with the engine. So its called “M_Landscape_Master” with grass, rock, and snow as texture parameter values.

if you switch it back to 4.6 does the landscape act as it originally did? If so, try Opening the 4.7.2 editor, then go to File>Open Project>YOUR PROJECT>Create a Copy. See if it imports correctly.

when i switched back to 4.6.1 and rebuild the code, I get this message when trying to open the project up:

Failed to load map!
…/…/…/…/…/…/Users/Derek/Documents/GitHub/KinectGame/Content/Maps/Example_Map.umap is a UE4 map [File:v434], from an engine release newer than this [Cur:v413].

Can you send me a copy of your project? I might be able to see what is occurring as I have been unable to reproduce this on my end. Thank you!

Just the project file or the whole folder? If its the whole folder it’s fairly large.

I would need a stipped down version of the project. If you can get me the assets involved with the landscape error you are seeing I can work with just that.

Hi GentleSaint,

We have not heard from you in a few days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.

Sorry, been busy lately. Can I send you a shared folder on Dropbox? If so, is there an email or account from dropbox that I can use to send you?

Thanks

You can send the dropbox link to me via private message on the forums.