Problem Building Dedicated Server

I’m trying to build a dedicated server for my project but when I try to build I get this message

1>------ Skipped Build: Project: ShaderCompileWorker, Configuration: Invalid x64 ------
1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
2>------ Build started: Project: JetSetRevivalNew, Configuration: Invalid Win32 ------
2>The selected platform/configuration is not valid for this target.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Any Idea’s? this is all new to me so any help would be appreciated thank you!

I was able to build the server I guess? by going into the configuration manager and switching both from invalid to development_program but when its built it isn’t labeled ProjectnameServer it’s just the project name so I’m not sure if its the server or the game being built.

When I build my servers it creates a [projectname]Server.exe file in the [projectname]/binaries/win64 folder as well as a few other server files. Maybe try checking that folder?

bump ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

I looked and it has just my [projectname].exe there after building server.

The thing is though is those two things in the log were off/invalid by default when switching to the server so maybe by turning those on it did something wrong?

I’m not sure

Thank you for the help so far though. I’ve been trying to look everywhere for answers I’m not too experienced in this so It’s hard to troubleshoot this problem.

bump ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Hey Jinkuu,

I believe you are missing the target.cs files for your server, and probably the client.

Inside your /Source folder, you should see two files. YourProject.target.cs and YourProjectEditor.target.cs

Create a copy of YourProject.target.cs. Name this YourProjectServer.target.cs. Create a second copy, and name this YourProjectClient.target.cs

Now, open both new files. Where you see the line:

public class YourProjectTarget : TargetRules
{
	public YourProjectTarget(TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
	{
		Type = TargetType.Game;

Edit that so it is:

public class YourProjectServerTarget : TargetRules
{
	public YourProjectServerTarget(TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
	{
		Type = TargetType.Server;

And for the client:

public class YourProjectClientTarget : TargetRules
{
	public YourProjectClientTarget(TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
	{
		Type = TargetType.Client;

Note the changes to all the lines here.

After this, save, regenerate your project files. and Voila. You should be able to build the client and server configurations of your project.

/TD

Thank you all for the answers it ended up being a problem with incredibuild being installed, it would use that to compile I guess so I uninstalled that and it compiled fine.

Bump. I have incredibuild not installed and i still have this issue. I’m on 5.3, does anyone have a solution?