Prgram cant cause api-ms-win-downlevel-kernal32 blah blah dll is missing

This was working yesterday (3-31-2021) but the launcher update today totally screwed things up. At first I noticed it put the update on the wrong hard drive in my system. It kept repeatedly trying to re-update. I eventually downloaded a launcher update directly which fixed things until I completely exited the game and launcher. Now I can’t get the launcher up again as it has the error of the file in this thread title as missing. I’m on Win 7 x64 (and will never run Win 10 - computer tech for decades). This file is nowhere on my computer. WTF is Epic doing anyway with all these things that continually make problems. Months ago AFTER exiting the launcher I started getting video card not compatible or not good enough - something like that. It’s an Nvidia Geoforce 8GB GTX 1070 - can’t believe that is not sufficient. Then every time I close the launcher after I was done playing it says the launcher crashed! No it didn’t crash I EXITED it. Then it says the Epic crash reporter crashed. LOL - happens everytime I exit the launcher. It’'s getting to STUPID too play THIS game - I just want to play Fortnite.