Preview UT project map direct with UE 4.8.0 - Crash

Today I have updated unreal engine to version 4.8.0 and I have problem, When I would like playing my Unreal Tournament map project direct with window UED I have got information about crash. Moreover when I have wanted starting other Epic Games maps also this crash showed Me.

What I have done ?

• Rebuilt all level
  • add new players start on map
  • save map under other name

Hi Priority,

Are you able to access your maps through PIE? Can you post your Dxdiag here so I can take a look? Additionally, try running a verify of your engine version. Go to Launcher>UT>Create and in the dropdown context menu press “verify”. This will check your engine to ensure not files are damaged or missing and repair/replace them if they are.

Hi !

Yes, Now I have did verification editor and nothing helped :confused:

PIE = Play in Editor ? I good understand ? :slight_smile: Yes I am starting my map with “PIE” with selection “New Editor Window”

1. This is My DxDiag

Can you post a copy of your crash logs here? They can be found at \UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Saved\Logs. Though, to be honest I don’t think your pc is going to be strong enough to handle the engine well. Our minimum recommended specs can be found here:

Unreal Tournament.log

Hmm I have just worked from some months on editor and I havent any problems. I would like conclude my map because it is almost done… Maybe this new editor build increased requirements but so drastically ?

Although same editor I can run but PIE is failing. I think of that the problem is in something else.

Try this; log out of launcher, go offline, launch the editor, Blueprints > Project Settings, change Game Mode to UTDMGameMode or UTCTFGameMode (others might work) then preview in editor…worked for me but I hope they figure it out.

I get a exception (0xc0000005) error in APEX_DestructiblePROFILE_x64.dll

Hi Priority,

I was able to reproduce this on my end and have entered a bug report, UT-1031, to be assessed by the developers. Having said that, I would still highly recommend getting additional ram and potentially a stronger processor for running the engine efficiently. As more features are added, it may become more and more difficult for your current hardware to maintain a usable state.