Trying here in audio as I’ve been having trouble getting anywhere with this. Maybe someone in the audio forum can help me out?
What I Want To do:
- Let any existing audio playback continue when my UE4 iOS app is launched on an iOS device
- Allow podcast, music, spotify or whatever to continue playing when my app launches
What currently happens:
- Any existing audio playback is gracefully stopped in favour of my UE4 iOS app when it launches
- To continue playbakc of a podcast, musc, spotify etc I must switch apps, then resume playback and return to the UE4 iOS app.
- After resuming / switching both the first app, and my app can both share the audio playback session and mute / volume etc for my app works as expected
I think this has something to do with the way the UE4 app configures itself on launch. And I believe that is controlled by the AVAudioSession category as described here (Apple Docs).
I don’t know where UE4 initializes the audio device, but it is possible that Config/iOS/iOSEngine.ini might support changes to this (as you can configure some audio parameters in there. Can anyone advise?
I’ve posted this question in a few places without any luck, most recent is linked below in iOS development. I’m trying a different Topic title this time. How can I set AVAudioSession for iOS apps to allow device/apps to continue audio playback?