Prevent actor colliding with vehicle?

I have certain pawns that I’d like to prevent being pushed around by vehicles after death.

I still need to be able to do zero extent traces on them so that the player can interact with them.

If i set CollisionComponent.SetRBCollidesWithChannel(RBCC_Vehicle, false), this doesn’t seem to work.

I feel like I’ve tried everything. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit:
Worth noting that if the pawn is in RigidBody physics, and I SetRBCollidesWithChannel(RBCC_Vehicle, false) on it’s mesh, that works fine. It’s just when the physics are set to Phys_None and i’m using the collision cylinder.

I assume you don’t want to leave the body in RigidBody physics because too many corpses start causing performance issues?

Is there any kind of actor that you can make that will detect zero-extent traces, but ignore collision? You should be able to turn off the body’s collision completely then spawn an invisible actor at the body’s location and interact with that.

The UTPickupFactory has zero extent collision, but i can also drive a vehicle through it. So I guess i will start looking there.

Turns out having bCollideWorld set a pawn with a collision component will mean it always collides with a vehicle. Still can’t figure out a way around this one…

I’m guessing a real fix at this point would require changing the underlying C++.

Would it be enough to make a dead body’s friction and mass really really high after it dies?

Could you replace the dead pawn with a simpler actor that has the same skeletal mesh?