Press E, load/open level instance

Hello Engineers, I’m stuck :\

I want to walk up to the trigger box, press E and have a Level Instance load or open.

Below is the blueprint I have managed to put together with various tutorials I have sought out.

But this triggers a load/open on overlap.
I want to have a “PRESS E” message on screen on overlap, then after I press “E” have the load/open level executed

Thank you so much in advance, and have in mind that I’m not a coder, this angle is all new to me.

So… where’s the E input? We can’t see it here. At the very least you’d have something like this in the Player Blueprint:

The input does not generally belong inside the box. It’s the player that is the instigator of actions. There’s like 12 different ways to pull it off, though, ofc.

3 Likes

Hello
Thank you for replying

I don’t have any press E interaction command. I don’t know how to implement it within what i already have.

I have a trigger box that automatically executes the load/open on overlap.

you say 12 ways, I don’t know none lol

What I’m doing is in first person view.
I want to walk up to a phone mesh asset, have the (answer/press E, the execute command basically) appear on screen, then press E and have levels load/open.

Try the solution above.

Well, this is prob gonna be hella annoying for you lol

Where do I create these in? ( I mean the box collision event graph? regular empty blueprint actor event graph?)

How is this commands connected to a Phone mesh?

As in the message in bold :innocent: - in the player. Another good place to handle it would be the player controller.

If you want to interact with many different game object with a keypress (press E use), look into interface communication. Too many tutorials on YT.