Prerequisites error E-1223 - could not install

I ultimately had to remove and reinstall 4.10 all-together to get this working. This is after trying everything above:

• Running Windows Update
  • Installing Visual Studio 2015
  • Uninstalling Visual Studio 2013
  • Removing 2015 C++ Redistributable packages (x86 and x64)
  • Running Epic Game Launcher as administrator
  • Repairing Visual Studio 2015
  • Reinstalling Epic Game Launcher

This minor release was definitely a (T)otally (U)n(R)ecoverable (D)istribution to get installed. After all the above failed, I removed 4.10.1 then added the 4.10 version again and 4.10.2 installed like a champ. :stuck_out_tongue:

One and a half days later, back to what I was working on… ~ Fly first, crash later…

This worked for me too

This worked for me too

I can’t install UE4. Error code: R-1638. I deleted Mincrosoft Visial C ++ 2015. I reinstalled the launcher. Nothing happens. Why?

Hello!

A new version of the launcher has been released. It addresses some of the prereq issues. If you are still having trouble, please try downloading and installing the latest version. If you are still having trouble. Please create a new AnswerHub topic so that we may better track your issue.

The release notes for the launcher update can be found here:

Disable antivirus during install, it appears that epic .exe give false positive in some antivirus, also in cooked applications!

Thank you mate. Finally installed the UE4

had the 1223 and windows update made the diff

I’ve followed only theese steps and it worked, thanks!

nstalling Visual Studio 2015

Uninstalling Visual Studio 2013

Removing 2015 C++ Redistributable packages (x86 and x64)

Running Epic Game Launcher as administrator

Nothing of the above works here. I am trying for the fourth time to install UE 4.10.4. Until now I had only, uhm, epic fails.

Got code 1223, but had not even VC 2015 on my machine. Updating Win does not help either. Uninstalled VC 2013 just recently and will try for a last time. Would be fine to get UE running though since I need it for my game design classes. Can’t really believe that it is so hard to install UE4. UDK was (almost) no problem at all, had even several versions on the same machine and everything worked (again almost) like a charm.

Specs: i7, 8 Gb RAM, 4Gb Video-RAM, Win 7 64bit Home Premium and a lot of desperation

EpicGamesLauncherInstaller-2.11.0-2904489.msi (download from today) does one more funny thing to my machine: now I can’t even choose an engine to install. The only thing it lets me choose is an engine preview, and then nothing happens.

ue4inst.msi (a download from yesterday) allows to install 4.9.2 which does work (sigh). Never change a running system, so I won’t update for the next five years or so. No, really, 4.10.x seems to have broken something, doesn’t it?

At least I am happy to get my hands on UE4 now :slight_smile:

EpicGamesLauncherInstaller-2.11.0-2904489.msi (download from today) does one more funny thing to my machine: now I can’t even choose an engine to install. The only thing it lets me choose is an engine preview, and then nothing happens.

ue4inst.msi (a download from yesterday) allows to install 4.9.2 which does work (sigh). Never change a running system, so I won’t update for the next five years or so. No, really, 4.10.x seems to have broken something, doesn’t it?

At least I am happy to get my hands on UE4 now :slight_smile:

After i did that i am now getting code 0

For anyone still experiencing this issue, try the various solutions listed in this post, but if the problem still persists please visit http://help.epicgames.com/ for technical Launcher support, here you can find information and solutions for common issues, as well as a contact form if you still need additional assistance. Thanks!