Pre-purchase queries

First of all Hello :slight_smile:
Second; apologies if is in the wrong forum.
I’m looking into purchasing a license for the engine, just a few things I need cleaned up before I buy.

1. Does the engine come pre-compiled? :- I have no interest in source code access, while its a nice , I have ZERO experience in CPP. And having to compile myself will cause me an since I don’t know

2. If I purchase a month and cancel subscription straight away, gives me unlimited access to only ONE version of the engine, the version in which is the latest at time of purchase, and several months down the line I still have access to only that version? :- is my understanding, not sure about it though.

3. Will my computer handle it okay? :- I’m sure it will, I haven’t had any trouble running anything so far, but a second opinion doesn’t hurt :slight_smile:
    Core i5-4210M
    8GB RAM
    2GB GTX 850M (GDDR5 version)

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

welcome to the forum:)

yes, you can download the pre-compiled version from the launcher.

yes, also if a is added in the future you want to use you can just re-subscribe download the newer version and then cancel again if you wanted to.

I think you should be fine.

hope that helps:D

yes helps a hell of a lot, consider me sold :), I probably will end up paying for an update later, which in all honesty I don’t mind because I pay for what I want, which to me seems very reasonable

thank you very much , your help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

EDIT: actually there is something else, I only see availability to purchase in USD, in from the UK and my bank account is obviously GBP, will be an?

When you purchase UE4 using a credit card or paypal the currency exchange rate will be automatically calculated for you, so you don’t need to worry about that part.

Also when you cancel your subscription, you get whichever versions are available 30 days after cancellation, so if 4.6 comes out in a couple of weeks, you will be able to download that version as well! :slight_smile:

Welcome! In my biased opinion, it’s the best 20 bucks I spend each month. Can’t say enough how much then engine rocks :smiley:

I was about to say that… :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I shall pay via paypal, for some reason I feel more comfortable way.

Is UE4.6 due soon? Because I’m thinking of holding off a little longer if is the case

Yes, I expect it is very close to release as the preview of 4.6 is already available to download

Well i did the deed about a week ago now, everything runs great so far, $19 converted to £12 so im happy about that.

And 4.6 came out in my subscription period so i get that too, score!!! :slight_smile:

thanks everyone for your help :smiley: