Student Submission: No

Credits to sourced content:
Ultra Dynamic Sky by Everett Gunther
Brushify
City Sample Vehicles
Dekogon Construction Site Vol. 1 and 2
HQ Residential House by NOTLonely
Modular House by QuadArt
“Low | House | Building | Apocalypse | Dirty” (Low | House | Building | Apocalypse | Dirty - Download Free 3D model by YadroGames [a4ba41d] - Sketchfab) by Erroratten
Meadow Environment Set by NatureManufacture
Game Sound Collection by J.BoB Sound

Optional

• Life can be challenging in the middle of nowhere, but it breeds ingenuity. What if humanity could manage to harness the power of a single bolt of lightning? Well, as long as you get one every once in awhile, then a man might just be able to microwave his burrito.*

Silo model, cables, LED panels, and warning light models made by me, in Blender.

• Unreal Engine 5
6 Likes

This is the exact opposite of what would happen in a zombie apocalypse. Which just so happens to be what this scene reminded me of. For whatever reason, all I could picture is The Walking Dead but I kind of enjoyed the little mental reference.

Great submission and I wish you the best of luck in the competition!

1 Like

Thank you! You know, I wasn’t thinking zombies specifically but I see what you mean. My overall aesthetic goal was to start dark and creepy and unknown and then transition to warm and homey and safe after the lightning. Another mirror of what usually happens in real life. (Ironically, just a couple of days after I submitted this, our area was hit by a big thunderstorm with lots of lightning and neighborhoods for miles around lost power for about 6 hours.)

So if your overall takeaway was “opposite of a zombie apocalypse”, then I think I hit it pretty close to the mark!

Thanks again for the comment, glad you enjoyed!

2 Likes

This is excellently conceived and thought out.
I love all the lighting, the brief sparks, the charge animated lights, the realism of the overall scene is brilliantly constructed.
I’m with you on the need for a system like you have in your excellent video. I also stay rural and have constant power outages, not to mention the fact I stay in South Africa and we have something called load shedding.
So please, let me know when you get the mechanics of this system up and running. It would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:
Excellent work on this mini-movie and invention.
Best of luck.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Mindseed, I really appreciate it!

And if I ever make a system like this, I pledge to give the plans away to everyone for free, haha!

1 Like

Excellent thank you!
You win in my opinion.
Invention and art, hand in hand.