Post-Packaged Settings for Projects

I’ve found a lack of instructions on how to create user settings for a packaged and shipped project for audio, lighting, resolution, etc. There are a couple tutorials on YouTube on this topic, but most of them only cover some aspects, are outdated, or will not function after packaging the project. Settings seem to be a standard for games and other applications. Where can I find documentation on the proper used of Blueprint nodes and best practices for creating a settings menu for an application? Maybe I missed it, but I have not found anything in the UE 4 documentation about user settings. I’m honestly surprised that this topic is not thoroughly covered. Anyone have any leads or tips?

In a nutshell, you supply the user with menus, which they can use to tweak any setting you want. Behind the scenes, you’re using a combination of GameUserSettings, console command nodes, and whatever else you need to make the changes.

These changes are then stored in the save game, and re-read on startup for consistency.

GameUserSettings writes to the standard engine ini files:

The save game:
Another major topic is keymapping. This has changed recently, so a lot of utube stuff may be out of date.