Possible to link to existing content rather than adding content to project?

The Epic game launcher allows us to download content, you can even specify where you want it stored. Once you have it downloaded onto your local hard drive and you want to use it. Is there a way to instruct UE to just point back to your local repo of various UE assets, rather than to make a full copy of it in your project folder structure?

Thanks!

Something that I have wished for as well, but understandably no. There are many reasons that the projects are built the way they are and content must be inside the folder structure. I have several assets repeated and it stings on storage requirements but as far as I have found all assets have to be in separate project folders.

No, you can’t do this. From an EPIC store point of view, this makes total sense, because you will be modifying the content once you’ve added it to a project, and the downloader needs pristine bits to be able to “add to project” to a second project when you choose to do that.

For what it’s worth, my local content cache is usually only about 25 GB in size, and you can clean it out if you have too small a local hard disk, but it sounds to me like you just need to add more local storage. Disk is cheap these days.