Possible solution to packaging fails in 4.4?

I’ve been having issues getting 4.4 to package and deploy to my iPhone for the last few hours. After seeing lots of other people having issues and no good answers, I thought I’d post what I found seems to work (for now at least).

In …Projects//Build/IOS I had 2 .plist files for some reason. One named and one named info. No idea where these come from, but I had noticed that when editing the Project settings in editor that info.plist was the one that got checked out. So, on a hunch I deleted the other one and tried packaging again and it worked.

Not sure where that came from and not sure why it was an issue, but maybe that will help someone else.


Thank you for your report. We were not able to investigate this on the engine version you reported, but there have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of the Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported in the current engine version, then please respond to this message with additional information and we will investigate as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a similar, but different issue at this time, could you please submit a new report for it.

Thank you.