Possible solution for Failed Packing on Source

I had noticed that a lot of users struggling bec. of Failed packing issue.

many posts with the same answers …but it seems that’s a lot of users couldn’t understand how to do the solution or couldn’t understand it

here I will gonna show u step by step how to fix it completely …this works for me very well

I will consider that we start building the game as it’s first time:

(1)

• Open UE4.sln generated by
    “-GenerateProjectFiles.bat-” using
    Visual studio 2013

(2)

• choose “Development Editor” solution configuration at
    first and right click on UE4 from
    solution explorer and press Rebuild.

(3)

• it will takes time about 10 to 15 min
    according to your machine speed…i’m
    i7 3930k and it took about 11
    min…so don’t panic if it takes
    more than that xD …After it
    finished …Run the UE4 editior and
    open your desired project need to be
    packed. and keep the editor opened

(4)

• go back to Visual studio and change
    the solution configuration to “Development” and then
    right click on UE4 and press"BUILD"
    beware of this… click build not
    rebuild

(5)

• it will take short time this time
    …after it finished…go back to UE4
    editor and start package process for your desired game.

keep in mind you should do this steps only once…you don’t need to do the same steps again every time you want to pack a game

it should package perfectly right now.
please confirm if this solution works for u too

best of luck :))

note:
if UE4 crashed after u did that…be sure to use the source files you have just unzipped not you already unzipped and used them before

which mean a clean version of source code you should use not over writing the old one you’ve unzipped :))

Hello Omar,

Thank you for writing this up! If you have not seen, we also have a wiki you can add your information to and then point to in future!

Thanks again!

-Max B.

Done, i’ve created a page on wiki for this solution

I really don’t know about wiki :))

thanks alot

Hi Omar, thank you for the tutorial.

However, I’m not a coder. I just need a quick tip on the first step and I can follow from there. I can’t find the file named UE4.sln and I don’t know what “-GenerateProjectFiles.bat-” means. Can you or someone else give me a hand here?

Thank you!

I keep getting the same 2 errors in VS no matter what I do:

Error	1	error : All source files in module "Core" must include the same precompiled header first.  Currently "E:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\CorePrivatePCH.h" is included by most of the source files.  The following source files are not including "E:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\CorePrivatePCH.h" as their first include:	E:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC	UE4

Error	2	error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	43	5	UE4

How do you find the UE4.sln and the GenerateProjectFiles.bat?
If i have to open Visual Studio 2013 for it, then can you help me out on finding it?

Thanks Omar! FYI this solved my problem working with a fresh install of Visual Studio 2017.