Portal System that is good enough for VR

Hello everyone,

I have done a fair bit of research on portal development, and it seems there is a way to prefab one by using a camera, render to texture, and a hitbox teleport, however, from reports, it says that the illusion breaks when you get too close to the portal.

Being that I am working in a VR space, is there a way to correct this?

Maybe too simple of a thought, but how about making the portal smaller so it never fully takes over your view? (even when close)

Maybe even maken it narrow and high, or low and wide.

Hello
I don’t know if this kitatusstudios book will help you but first part is on a portal like sysstem changing level. So maybe it’ll help you :Kitatus' Free Books, Projects and Tutorials! - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums

Due to the game world, having a smaller portal would not work. Doors linking to other doors type of thing. Basically, what I am trying to accomplish is an almost infinite worldspace in a single “room”. The other thing that I noticed as well while watching CymaticBruce’s livestream, is that the user could use the positional tracking to have half of their avatar in one area, and the other half would need to be in the other area (so teleporting the player would not work).