Hello guys! I posted a video a week ago, about the Portal Gun that I had developed in Unreal Engine 4. A lot of you seemed interested about how it worked, so here it is!
I made a tutorial on it. I promise I won’t spam this subreddit with my tutorial series, I just made this one post to inform everyone that my Portal Gun Tutorial is now up! The series will get released over the span of a few days.
I’ve also made a Playlist that I update with new parts that get uploaded, so if you want, you can save the playlist here:
About the video:
In this part, I set up the blueprints, variables, and functions that we will be using later on in the portal gun Unreal Engine 4 series. I also fix the Render Target Rotation so that it matches players rotation, causing the teleportation to be seamless, making the portal seamless! P.S This video was done on Unreal Engine 4!
- Overview: 00:00
- Pre-Requisites (YOU MUST ENABLE THESE SETTINGS TO MAKE THE PORTAL SYSTEM WORK!): 0:20
- Setting Up Functions + Variables in your character Blueprint: 00:50
- Creating Portal 1 Blueprint + Setting up it’s functions, variables and components: 02:20
- Setting Up Render Targets: 06:45
- Testing If It Works: 11:45
- Disabling Collision: 12:20
- Fixing Render Target Rotating With Player Rotation: 12:50
- Drawbacks + What to expect from next video: 20:35
I hope you guys find this helpful!