port a game from steam to egs , using eos plus

Hi everyone
just a quick question
if a game currently active and use steam online subsystem and we want to port it to epic games store , using EOSPlus , when a player get the game using epic game launcher , will the player be asked to launch steam too ? because the game uses steam lobbies and it would break without steam active.
thanks in advance

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

If you use EOSPlus this means you are using Epic Online Services which provides Crossplay functionality. The Steam OSS should only be used if the game is sold on the Steam Storefront while EOS is used without the need for EOS plus when sold on Epic Games Store.

EOSPlus enables you to mirror functionality from Steam OSS onto EOS OSS allowing the Steamworks SDK to run in parallel with the EOS SDK when using the Steam Storefront.

If you are using a feature that is only available through SteamWorks then EOSPlus probably won’t be able to mirror it onto EOS.

1 Like

thanks for your reply ,
but if with eosplus i can login with steam , doesnt that mean i can use the steamworks functions ?

What you want seems to be the reverse of what EOSPlus is providing.

EOSPlus let’s you use Steam OSS to use EOS. EOS provides crossplay features.

You want to use EOS (EOSPlus) to login to Steam OSS? I don’t see how that would ever work.

For Steam OSS to work you need to own the game on Steam and I don’t know if that is possible or even allowed if the game is bought on EGS.

the game is already on steam and it’s free , i dont know if that would be doable , but thanks for your reply