Polygons breaking bug Unreal 4

I seem to be running into a bug where the objects I’ve created start to break as shown in the image. It seems to get worse the more objects I add. Also every object was adjusted with the brush editor.

Bug

Hi 91lights,

It’s hard for me to tell what’s happening from the image. (Are the walls supposed to be attached to the ground? it looks like they are floating above it. Your box brush no longer adds geometry?)

If UE5 is an option, I’d highly suggest trying modeling mode.

Welcome to the Forums.

The walls are floating above. I was testing different situations that may cause the bug. The brush tool still adds geometry but sometimes certain faces will disappear or just clip half way (you can see that with the object selected in the image). Sadly I can’t use UE5.

All the objects are cubes, there’s no extrusion or beveling or anything like that.

If you can give me steps to reproduce what you’re seeing I can give it a try.

It’s weird that your cube is split into 2 triangles, for me, a newly-placed cube the faces are all solid squares.

It is possible to select a face of a cube and drag it past the bottom face. (resulting in an inside-out cube)

Also there is a drop-down arrow next to ‘Build’ and you can try the “Build Geometry” command.

I was just using the BSP brush in top view then went to perspective and noticed it was broken, I’m not sure exactly what caused it or the steps that resulted in it. I tested out moving the top face into the bottom face and it made other objects to disappear Screen capture - 0dcc7e6b8f288ca77c6e0037ce9d48bd - Gyazo.
Building the geometry didn’t work; I tried building the entire scene before but that didn’t help either.

I’m thinking that maybe at one point I made the faces overlap or edited the geometry in such a way it caused it to break and didn’t realize till after. I’m going to try replacing the geometry and see if it fixes the issue.

Also your correct about the boxes just being a square and not 2 triangles, at some point it changed into triangles for me for some reason. Maybe because I lifted a vert or smh.