Pointer to a component makes said component's properties appear in Details panel

Hello,

I created an actor, that’s supposed to store a pointer to a component of a different actor. Basically it’s characters walking on a grid and I want characters to store a pointer to their current field. Looks like this:

UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere)
UGP2_FieldComponent* CurrentField;

What happens after I do that is that all properties of this component are dumped onto the details panel of the actor which holds pointer to it, making it unreadable. I assume it’s because of how the scene component hierarchy works in UE4, but is there a way to work around it? I just want a pointer to a component, not pretend as if that component is my new component shared by 2 actors (?).

Here’s a screenshot. Highlighted proprerty comes from the field component, but as you can see, I have a character actor highlighted. Note that it’s a bit better when it’s EditAnywhere instead and all properties are grouped into a section that way, but srsly, I just want a pointer in the same way how it works with Actors.

Hi! I cant reproduce it on 4.23, you can check TWeakObjectPtr and use it as UPROPERTY…

Issue doesn’t occur when using TWeakObjectPtr, so even if it’s less convenient for me to use it, I guess that solves the problem :slight_smile: Thanks!.