Point Cloud - Inconsistent Location

When I import an LAS file, I get the error:

Inconsistent Location

The camera poses or component are not in the same coordinate system as the LiDAR scan, or they do not share the same location. Check the coordinate system setting and ensure they overlap before proceeding.

There is no georeferencing in the scan, therefore, no coordinate system. Here are my settings:

Any ideas?

Hello there, this message should pop up only when you have images in the project, Use camera poses is set to either From camera pose priors or From component, and the cameras “can’t see the point cloud” which might be caused by a different coordinate system or that the images and point cloud are not from the same location.

This message should not appear when Use camera poses is set to Generate aerial poses.

Please clarify if you have any images (are they georeferenced?) in the project during the LAS import, and if you really see this message when using Generate aerial poses.

Sorry. I could’ve worded that better.

So, there is no georeferencing in the images and likewise with the point cloud.

Despite me selecting “No” by the Georeferenced tab in the import settings, RealityScan still seems to think that the point cloud has a coordinate system.

I have the same issue.

I have the same issue. Can you please support? Tring to import a .pts file

I’ve been having the same issue importing iPhone 17 Pro lidar scans from the modelar app. No images imported, brand new project trying to import a .ply file

HI @NRIncred, RealityScan is primarily a photogrammetry software and there is a specific way it treats these kind of unstructured point clouds if you want to process them.

In the simplest terms possible, RS needs images to work with. To process imported point clouds it needs images that are looking at the point cloud.

If you don’t have any images at all, we only support an aerial lidar scan scenario where RS can generate cameras above the point cloud. That is the “Use camera poses = Generate aerial poses”

Otherwise we support SLAM scanners, which capture both a point cloud and images of the scene in the same coordiante system.

More info can be found here: