Point cloud Editing

Hi. I got Promo version and found it very promised.
But editing heavy meshes in external programs its ■■■■ slow.
Will be great to have simple editing tool build in. Lasso + Delete - its all I need to remove some unwanted parts on the mesh.
For example - grass, small glitch parts and ground(base).

Yegor wrote:

Hi. I got Promo version and found it very promised.
But editing heavy meshes in external programs its ■■■■ slow.
Will be great to have simple editing tool build in. Lasso + Delete - its all I need to remove some unwanted parts on the mesh.
For example - grass, small glitch parts and ground(base).

Hello, it is partly possible, with the filtering tool - see the attachments below:

Hi Yegor

if you need to remove something from the actual model, you first need to set the RECONSTRUCTION REGION and then use the FILTERING tool with its options to filter unwanted stuff from the model.

Thank you. Its helps a bit. But will be good to have a comfortable tool to cleanup point cloud before mesh calculation.

Hi Yegor

We do not use intermediate pointclouds for mesh generation.

What sort of data are you processing that you need to do this cleanup?

Hi Wishgranter.
In viewport I see only point (mesh view still don` work for me) so I think your software works the same as Photoscan - did a point cloud then scaning and meshing only on export.
I found a small parts on exported models needs to be removed. Filtering not always works good for me. Some times its filter good parts cause they splinted by algorithm in groups (sliced in boxes) and some time its smal enough to get filtered with dirt I need to remove.
Also I found some Pikes on the oped edges (usualy it bottom of the model). Its easy to remove in Zbrush, but its time wasting and can be done much faster in soft.

Hi Wishgranter.

It would be very helpful to have a lasso tool or similar to get rid of floating anomalies/points. Agi and Autodesk have a similar tool and it proves very useful indeed. RC has much better overall compute, but we all know that sometimes it is necessary to clean up a little bit as you go… I would like to do this cleanup in RC like Agi and Autodesk softwares already allow.

Do you think this is a feature we can expect from your team any time in the near future?

I am also casting a vote for this feature. It just seems a natural way to go. There has been also somebody else to request this in our Facebook group…

+1 to this

+2 for Lasso selection

I need a lasso tool too. Bounding box filtering is not a good tool for non-convex situations.

+1 for this, rectangular and lasso tools are essential

+1

+1

+1

• Delete key to delete selected points

+1

+1

+1 For lasso. Should be standard!

I do also 100% agree with this topic. I don’t want to buy Photoscan just because I do not have such a simple tool here. But it looks like I will have to for the moment. Please guy implement this.

I have scanned some fjord cliffs in Norway, and CR did a great job.
But there is a lot of trees, which I want to delete because CR obviously can’t reproduce trees, and Forest Pack do a great job. It’s nearly impossible to delete trees on a cliff with a bounding box, only a lasso can do that.
I tried to removed most of it, but there is still a lot of unecessary vegetation, with a huge face & texture cost.