Ok so as you guys can tell from my other thread I have close to no experience.
But in order to plan out my journey to building my first level which considers of a cave and then some out-doors a small scuffle and fight with 2 people and then a few assets such as a knife.
I am wondering what plugins, scripts, assets and other softwares will facilitate my tasks now and in the future.
I am talking about:
- Simple fluid simulations, I will need smoke, preferably reactive to the person as he walks through it
- Rain and waterfalls and reactive water simulation like puddles and a small lake
- Realistic foliage that I can edit etc rather than do on my own since they are fairly complex, reactive foliage preferred so that the grass etc will move
- Terrain Builder plugin for fine tasks such as building this cave which won’t be too huge
- An easy way to control assets that are in the scene
- HD Lighting and shading
- Responsive lighting as I want to have a flash light and maybe some fire affecting the scenery and making it more “redish”
- Realistic Fire that adheres to the wind velocities in the room etc (I want that flickering effect)
- Simple way of managing light sources, maybe even moving light sources?
- Weather control? No idea what I mean by this, some way of the terrain changing weather, like it starts raining, or snowing, or storm etc
- Reactive environment to lets say footprints etc, this is ofc finetuning, just wondering if there is a simple way of doing this
- Destructive environment? Not all of it, just lets say a box or something, any good simulation softwares?
Will update, basically anything to help make the scene easier to produce once you have the assets.
Like in a video I saw yesterday, it looks incredibly easy once he’d scripted all the settings to “paint” a surface: https://youtube.com/watch?v=_i6wjsfaek4
Foliage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwqLBkP5TpQ ( Go halfway to see the responsive)
Realistic Waters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ro92_oAyuc
Will add a few more things I could use