Plugin with external dependencies

Hello, I needed to make c++ plugin that uses Poco libraries. Idea is that I can export that plugin that other project can use it but I come to a problem with Poco. Because of fact that I must manually include folder and libraries and binaries from project I cannot export it because next person would have to manually do these things instead of just simply including plugin. Does anyone know some good tutorial or guidelines to make this work? If there is need to provide more information I would gladly do so. Thanks

In Build.cs file you can include paths and add extra RuntimeDependencies to plugins.

1 Like

hey [USER=“434”]BrUnO XaVIeR[/USER] , are you aware of a document explaining how that works? i’ve actually been doing quite a bit of work on a Plugin, which I based on an open source one, and I haven’t quite yet figured out exactly how it all binds and links itself together :smiley:

There’s some basic info about it here :

thanks for the tip. The original author included a pre-built binary lib for an external library, and i’m pretty sure that that’s not going to cut it going forward, so at some point i’m going to have to figure out how to either get the Unreal build system to build it from source properly, or at the very least, figure out how to build my own binary lib to include… would much rather have it building from the real source, though . . since we’re going to be working across several platforms.