[Plugin] Web UI framework plugin ()

Very nice work with the wiki and latest release!! THANK YOU!

Hey , thanks so much for the quick releases. I am currently getting an error, and I was wondering if you could take a moment to point me in the right direction:

Error 2 error : Couldn’t find module rules file for module ‘VaQuoleUIPlugin’.

Thanks again for your help.

Temporary remove the plugin module from Dependencies list, and it will be ok.

I’ve updated installation notes and added necessary source to aboid error. Please update the plugin from archive prodived with release: https://.com///releases/tag/1.0-b10

Thanks man. I have updated to the latest version, and it compiles fine. When I set the blueprint class as the default hud class in my project, I get these errors:

/Game/Blueprints/BP_HUD: Can’t find file for asset. /Script/VaQuoleUIPlugin

Do you have any solution for error?

Is class contains HUD component or not?

class has the HUD component. When I save and close my project, then re-open it, I am unable to open that blueprint again.

Please check that plugin is enabled: Screenshot - c57efa4d78d2f175ddd22839f4759575 - Gyazo

P.S. - and add the plugin to the dependencies list if you’ve removed it before

I have managed to get the plugin loaded correctly. It is also listed on the dependencies list. I have a HUD component working, and the plugin loads and displays the html 5 example webpage. works fine for session. As soon as I close the editor and open it again, it throws the error where it is unable to find the file for asset. When I clear the log and double click the HUD blueprint (that was working fine before I closed the editor) I get :

!Id:7ee8e076a388dbdc080b58a95eefc786

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second not available)

Assertion failed: InSCSNode->ComponentTemplate != NULL [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.2\Engine\Source\Editor\Kismet\Private\SSCSEditor.cpp] [Line: 3027]

KERNELBASE + 23176 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2998748 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1620298 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1561376 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 2350372 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 2855900 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 2442532 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 468204 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 632683 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 561280 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 950113 bytes
UE4Editor_Kismet + 1702806 bytes
UE4Editor_AssetTools + 948984 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 9133902 bytes
UE4Editor_AssetTools + 498841 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 1721125 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 1557619 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 1566824 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 1014778 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 725222 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 756123 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 750966 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 1057279 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 1015358 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 631906 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 592219 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2624581 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2558849 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2629279 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2547554 bytes
user32 + 9508 bytes
user32 + 9095 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 2630294 bytes
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() + 3135 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.2\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2073]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 476 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.2\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:132]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.2\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.2\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:207]
UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

Thy to delete Intermediate and Saved folder, then re-generate MSVS solution and make a full project rebuild.

Are you using pre-build UE 4.2.1 version?

I deleted both of the folders as well as the solution file. I did a full rebuild as well. I can still view the hud fine in the editor; it saves and compiles. When I close it out and re-open the editor, the asset can’t be found, and it crashes.

Edit: Created a brand new project, and it works fine. It must be in my level/code.

Did you use previous version of VaQuole before? If yes, I recommend you to copy your logic to new blueprint and delete old one. But it looks strange anyway.

Couple things -

1. You’re awesome, you deserve the gratitude of the community for your contributions!
  2. I haven’t had a to install the plugin yet, but actual UI examples would be great - Health Bars, hit indicators, menu overlays etc would be greatly appreciated.
  3. You need to add a donation button somewhere. Your work might be released under MIT-open source, but you definitely deserve something for all of your hard work. I for one would be happy to donate.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Just to get some grips with the Unreal Engine i’m trying to build the engine myself and even try to build your plugin for the latest 4.3 review version.

Point 1 is going well, I can build the 4.3 release and everything is working. Now i’m trying to build your plugin from source and it is giving me the following error(s) see attached output.txt file

Havoc, thanks for your kind words! :slight_smile:

I’ll add examples like these a bit later, because I’m not familiar with HTML5 by myself, so it depends on another guy :slight_smile:

I’ve shared the plugin not for money. If you like it, just try it and leave a feedback - it will be the best return :slight_smile:

Thanks for the log! Most errors are simple - you can change OVERRIDE to override and it should work. I’ll check last two errors today.

Thanks , indeed only the last 2 errors remains :slight_smile:

27>c:\Users\Antonie\Documents\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Source\VaQuoleUIPlugin\Private\VaQuoleUIViewportClient.cpp(43): error C2027: use of undefined type ‘UConsole’
27> c:\users\antonie\documents\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\engine\GameViewportClient.h(180) : see declaration of ‘UConsole’
27>c:\Users\Antonie\Documents\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Source\VaQuoleUIPlugin\Private\VaQuoleUIViewportClient.cpp(43): error C2227: left of ‘->InputKey’ must point to class/struct/union/generic type

Thanks again already!!

Thanks so much for your help yesterday. I have managed to get it to work in my existing project. The had to do with a corrupted plugin folder. Once I re-installed the plugin completely into the project everything worked fine. I do have a quick question though about the chunk system. I notice that you have two screenshots listed on your wiki page. Are these two different ways of doing the chunk system or are they combined. I couldn’t see the rest of the blueprint, so I wasn’t sure if I was missing something. Thanks again for your help man!

They should be combined:

1. You set the size and position (it can be done in chunk Defaults):

2. You draw the chunk at the right place:

http://.ru///vaquoleui_chunk-hud.jpg

You keep impressing , good job!

Thanks again for your help.