[PLUGIN] Playable Planet Creator

Tired of creating Small “Open” Worlds? Want to create real size playable planets like Star Citizens or No Man’s Sky with unbouned terrains, no precision issues and no loading time?

Features:

• Real World Planet Sizes

• Playable Procedural Planet Generation

• Customize planet generation: Planet Size, Tectonic plates, oceans, mountains, rivers, biomes etc. You can create any kind of planet: Earth-like, rocky planets or new kind…You have full control.

• Scattering objects

• Create your custom materials

• Geo-localized Unreal Engine level Support: Add highly detailed level at a specific location on the planet for a base or city?

• Plugin for navigation: Keep vertical Cartesian coordinates systems locally (Working with Chaos), planet rotating, precision issues fixed.

• Use Unreal Engine workflow in a planet context

• Blueprint customizations

Note: In the screenshots, colors are used to show the splatmaps

14 Likes

Thank you @AntiGravity !

The technology is ready, and it’s more the productization part that needs to be done.

My goal is to have it for both UE4+ and UE5. It’s a part time project, depending in users feedbacks I will see how much effort I need to put in.

3 Likes

That is fantastic work you have done! We are working on a UE4/5 game & developing with Omniverse. I would like to talk to you about the production side. There are a few steps to it that I am sounding out with AWS for the Cloud XR and Nvidia Enterprise Cloud. There are several connectors for it all to assemble together and stream. Also, I would like to sandbox your plugin:)

1 Like

Thank you Ski_H_Bridges!

In fact, Omniverse is the future of production.
Absolutely, Sandboxing the plugin is completely feasible :grinning:

I am available if you want to schedule a meeting to discuss the details.

1 Like

Awesome sessid!

This is going to be a blast.
Let me know how you want to connect.
We are working this afternoon and all day tomorrow,
if you have time this weekend~

Thanks

Hello Ski_H_Bridges,

Sorry for the delay.
I will send you the details by PM.

Hi sessid,
I look forward to scheduling when conveneint.
Thanks

Hi, are there any updates to your plugin? Impressive work!

1 Like

Thank you nharan!

We are still working on it. Hope we will get some news soon!

Would you be interested in collaborating with our game? Our game is called Rawbots (rawbots.org). If you are, please shoot me an email neil@rawbots.org

I feel we can achieve a win/win. Or at least talk and learn about how we could achieve a win/win.

Nice work nharan. It’s really impressive the freedom of customization.
Absolutely, we can schedule a meeting and see how we can collaborate.

I started also a game

It’s a real size planet game.
It’s more at concept level. The trailer is more focussing on the playable planet size than the gameplay.

2 Likes

Your demo/trailer is quite impressive and the touches with the flying make you feel like you’re actually there. Love it! Yes, let’s schedule a meeting. Send me an email, or use this: Calendly - Neil Haran

@nharan Thank you!

This came up in my regular search for plate-tectonics capable planet generators. I’m also very interested in this for story writing. Will be checking back regularly!

1 Like

Thank you Jaedabee!

Wow, I’m really interested in this project. Is there any recently updated news?

1 Like

AntiGravity

Definitely still interested too…

Its been a year now though since the tech was announced as ‘ready’ with only ‘productization’ to be done. However, its still not clear if this will ever ship. UnrealWild also seems to have disappeared at around the same time. No news from Maxime Dupart either who is very quiet. Still hopeful someone super-talented will bring Planets to the Unreal Community soon though.

kksyrr
Wow, I’m really interested in this project. Is there any recently updated news?

Hi kksyrr and AntiGravity, thank you for your interest.

Yes, we are still working on the project.

We are working part-time on the project. We have no financing, and only a few people showed interest. We believe that our technology can be a game changer, especially in a metaverse context.

However, we need more help from the community to build a good business case and get funding to boost our development.

1 Like

Thank you, Antigravity! It looks like a good plan!

You are right; keeping the topic active will bring more people…And why not apply for a Megagrant to accelerate the work?

1 Like

Thank you! :smile:

2 Likes

In progress: Working on the ground level details…
Current sample:

• Terrain Resolution: ~1m (without normal map or tesselation)
  • Planet Radius: 6000Km
  • Planet Circumference: ~37680Km

3 Likes