[Plugin] OSC for UE4

Oh well, Ive worked around it by sending multiple messages and appending them in the engine - it’s not perfect but it works for me. Presumably this limit is per element? I could send several string messages in the same osc message and pop each one?

Thanks for the help! At least it’s a known issue now.

Probably worth at least setting up something to catch this rather than a crash. I could imagine it could catch someone out in the future.

Definitely: post an issue on Github to keep track of it.
I’ll fix de crash ASAP, then think about the best solution to fix it for good.

Indeed, it is a “per parameter” limitation, so you can stack up many string parameters on a single message.

Hi guys, I’m still looking to link a camera in unreal engine thanks to OSC.

I have a software that gave me the osc data:
282f43b9f30ff0a97f6cdffb5161374bca7534b6.jpeg

And I want to link this channels to a camera (cube in this picture) :

But I can’t fin d the way to split the datas I receive.
Any help?
Ty

You need to pop each value - so add another 5 pop floats in a chain each from the output of the previous.

Find it !
Every datas are in the same pop float, the others gave me “0”.

Here is the solution :
5edaf223986a4678df5bbd44b4f8a0857d9a8faf.jpeg

Best,

Hi,

I need your help again :slight_smile:
Could you tell me why pawn’s actor rotation doesn’t work? I check thanks “print” values everything that’s come in es good but nothing rotate… Maybe there is an option in project’ settings?

f3ab8f495909b11f612a0c82e4f0af4ecb656e89.jpeg

Hi !
You update the actor location and rotation through the “default” pin of the “switch”.
The default pin is executed when a name arrives that doesn’t match any other switch name.
So if you only send /X, /Y, /Z, /Picth, /Roll and /Yaw messages, “default” is never executed…

You may update the position on the actor “tick”, or after the /Yaw message arrives (after the “set”).

Hi @monsieurgustav

It seems to work like this, I already have position this is rotation that doesn’t work… Default pin play well :

Could you show me how Tick actor works?

If position works, that’s a different matter and has nothing to do with the plugin.
In UE4, the player rotation is managed by the player controller: you cannot force it on the actor itself, you must update the controller.

Hi!
I try to get the plugin (master branch of github) to run in a UE 4.15 c++ project. I am following the steps of the vidoe tutorial (UE4OSC Tutoria )
but somehow the plugin doesn´t appear in visual studio, so it is not build when building the project.
Is it compatible with 4.15 or do I have to use 4.11?

Hi!
The plugin is compatible with 4.15.
Make sure you have the lastest version (from the master branch) and created your folders right. You should have /MyProjectRoot/Plugins/OSC/OSC.uplugin

Hi and thx a lot! The plugin is working!

I am trying to send osc messages out of the ue4.15 to another programm on the same computer. This program asks for an ip and port to listen to. Do I get it right that it shoud be the adress and port which is set under send targets (default: :8000)?

Not necessarily.
On the listening side, you could bind to “any” IP address (you must specify a port), meaning you are listening to all incoming IP.
Depending on the software, you can generally specify the port only, or you explicitally bind to “any” that way: “0.0.0.0:8000”.

That being said, “:8000” will (should) only accept connections from the local machine, but that should work in your case.

Is this plugin working for people in 4.15? I wont’ work for me only 4.14 and below.

I want to thank you for this plugin. I managed to get it working with preview 3 of 4.16 on a mac, despite not being totally familiar with the process of recompiling plugins. Nor have I tried to do anything clever with it yet, but I am able to trigger an event via received OSC data and read an integer value from it which is all I needed to do today.

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Glad it worked smoothly!

Hi,
I hope it’s OK to post this here…

For a project I’ve been working on (which uses the excellent OSC plugin) I needed the ability to save the OSC addresses used as control data, recall these between sessions and set up easily managed routing of the different incoming OSC data within the project.
So, I built something that did this.
I produced a BP actor that can be dropped into the level and will sit there receiving any incoming OSC data and parsing it according to some user defined settings so that individual addresses can be used to control functions within the project.

I put together a short blog post describing the system with links to download a little demo project in case anyone else finds it useful: https://teedstuff.wordpress.com/2017/06/18/osc-utility/

{437FA332-FB71-1741-B977-03296AA251FE}.png

Is such a perfect plugin available for use in UE4Xcode?

Is it possible to get this to run on a source build of the engine? I have 4.16.1 source build buit the release does not work.

'OSC plugin was designed for a different version of the engine. Attempt to load it anyway?"

I click yes:

“Missing or incompatible modules in OSC plugin - would you like to disable it? You will no longer be able to open any assets created using it.”

I hit No:

There are several load errors and Unreal stops loading and closes. Any ideas?

EDIT: ^This is using a blueprint build.
I just attempted a blank C++ project and get this error when Generating Files for Visual Studio:
“c:\Users\melee\Documents\Unreal Projects\OSC16\Plugins\UE4-OSC-master\OSC\Source\OSC\OSC.Build.cs(3,15) : error CS0101: The namespace ‘UnrealBuildTool.Rules’ already contains a definition for ‘OSC’”

Double Edit: My bad, I fixed it. I just had to have the OSC folder in plugins, not “UE4-OSC-master”