[] Ocean surface simulation (VaOcean)

[QUOTE=]
I seem to have better performance with your than with the fluid surface actor.

If you are having any serious performance issues with the fluid surface actor, would you mind posting some results in the thread. (Will help me improve it)

[QUOTE=]
Also, I’ll make new pre-build release with some new stuff in few days.

Can’t wait to see what you’ve added :slight_smile:

When will we have a new update?

Since i’d install this my whole UE4 crashes. Sometimes not, sometimes very fast.
Especially when i delete a VaOcean BP or moving it. Performance is also not the best.
I just scaled your Blueprint to a big size is that the right workflow or where do i change values that the water BP is big as ocean ?

thx it loox great

[QUOTE=ren3d;55912]
When will we have a new update?

I’ve added not-FFT ocean and based on the same approach buoyancy component in develop branch, but it’s nor ready for release (I’m waiting for UE 4.2).

[QUOTE=sascha1337;56309]

I just scaled your Blueprint to a big size is that the right workflow or where do i change values that the water BP is big as ocean ?

No, you can find two meshed in content - one is used as near (detail) lod, and the second should be used as far lod (with <…>_Flat material instance).

I can’t seem to figure out how to set up the actual ocean properly once the is installed successfully. Would it be possible to give a brief rundown of how to set it up correctly?

[QUOTE=Tirem;58922]
I can’t seem to figure out how to set up the actual ocean properly once the is installed successfully. Would it be possible to give a brief rundown of how to set it up correctly?

I also don’t know how to setup ocean for the best result. Actually, default values makes ocean in poor quality :frowning:

It not look as good as on your trailer.

There are two static meshes in . Just place (the big one) on scene and apply <…>_Flat material instance to it. Then you can place blueprint of “detail ocean lod” on scene, and that’s all. To make the detail lod to be always near the player, it can be attached to the XY location of player camera.

If you have bad color (f.e. you use strong lighting on scene), check the parameters of material instance - it was configured for default map!

Awesome! Just wanted to know if this worked with Light Propagation Volumes (dynamic GI) or do I have to use lightmass?

[QUOTE=Dashiva;62176]
Awesome! Just wanted to know if this worked with Light Propagation Volumes (dynamic GI) or do I have to use lightmass?

It should work okay with both of it.

By the way, I’ve updated buoyancy component - now it can be used for static meshes too:

:///watch?v=w_AirZelAWM

It works fast, and physics beign calculated only of actor is lower than ocean level.

And faster waves version:

://./watch?v=xj_WlwPyqNE

Wow, thank you for sharing this, looks amazing! I’m gonna try this sucker out asap!

Hi

Im sure this is a really stupid problem. (working late, tired and hungry…)

I just cant get it to work. I copy Binariesfolder to plugins/VaOcean. So the path is Currentproject\Plugins\VaOcean\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VaOceanPlugin.dll right?
I have copied all the shader to the Unreal Engine\4.1\Engine\Shaders

Where do i put the VaOcean.uplugin?

Thanks in advance!

This looks AAA. Subscribed.

[QUOTE=kalasjnikov;66437]

Where do i put the VaOcean.uplugin?

To *Currentproject\Plugins\VaOcean*

But what’s the exact problem? Did you enable the in manager?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Right, when i put the uplugin in that folder UE4 crashes at startup… :frowning:

If i move the uplugin-file to the same location as the DLL i at least get an error message that the cant befound. Its enabled in the plugins-window…

Contents goes offcourse to contents. The resources folder goes to Currentproject\Recources?
I Downloaded the VaOcean-master.zip from your Githubproject. Is there anything there thats required?

[QUOTE=kalasjnikov;66522]
Thanks for the quick reply!

Right, when i put the uplugin in that folder UE4 crashes at startup… :frowning:

Did you copied shaders described in Step 3?

Yes i did…

[QUOTE=kalasjnikov;66522]

Contents goes offcourse to contents. The resources folder goes to Currentproject\Recources?
I Downloaded the VaOcean-master.zip from your Githubproject. Is there anything there thats required?

You shouldn’t split it. folder should look like this: Screenshot - 78849214f135ea1829aa3e0cf9bfcade - Gyazo

What’s in the log when editor crashes?