[] Ocean surface simulation (VaOcean)

Screens of the directory and shaders directory…

//Cheers :wink:

Looks great.

I haven’t tried this, but how does it hold up with translucent materials? Is there anything in the system right now that would improve the depth sorting if used together with a translucent material? If you set up a plane in the standard editor + a world position off or subdivision, you get serious depth rendering problems. Distant waves will render on top of nearby waves and such.

Having that resolved would be crucial for me.

[QUOTE=kalasjnikov;67033]
Screens of the directory and shaders directory…

But what’s in the logs? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Hourences;67181]
I haven’t tried this, but how does it hold up with translucent materials? Is there anything in the system right now that would improve the depth sorting if used together with a translucent material? If you set up a plane in the standard editor + a world position off or subdivision, you get serious depth rendering problems. Distant waves will render on top of nearby waves and such.

Having that resolved would be crucial for me.

Currently translucent support is really sad, and I’ve decided to work with opaque materials only until it will be more user-friendly, because without forward-pass rendering it can’t be used the right way. So I have no idea how to fix it for today :frowning:

oh, yeah… logs… somethig corrupted with my UE4 installation. Works on another pc.

Sorry for the trouble

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

The does not work in version UE4 4.2. :frowning:

[QUOTE=ren3d;69286]
The does not work in version UE4 4.2. :frowning:

It works (I’m working with it right now :slight_smile: ), but may require re-compilation if you’re using pre-build version.

Did you copied global shaders?

[QUOTE=ufna;69517]
It works (I’m working with it right now :slight_smile: ), but may require re-compilation if you’re using pre-build version.

Did you copied global shaders?

I installed and activated properly. When I open the project it asks to recompile. I agree to recompile it, but he warns that failed. When I open the project anyway and try to open the blueprint VaOcean … Closes the EU4.

I don´t use the UE4 by Source Code. Can you help me?

I’m using UE4 4.2 and VaOcean 0.4-a6

[QUOTE=ren3d;69893]
I installed and activated properly. When I open the project it asks to recompile. I agree to recompile it, but he warns that failed. When I open the project anyway and try to open the blueprint VaOcean … Closes the EU4.

Try to clean the Saved folder, and then re-activate .

[QUOTE=ufna;69895]
Try to clean the Saved folder, and then re-activate .

did not work

Everytime I try to open the blueprint closes the EU4

Having the same problem getting it to work in 4.2 :frowning: Will await an update as it looks fantastic!

Please try this one DLL : ://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15490650/Other/UE4Editor-VaOceanPlugin.dll . Just put it into \Plugins\VaOcean\Binaries\Win64\ folder.

[QUOTE=;70779]
Please try this one DLL : ://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15490650/Other/UE4Editor-VaOceanPlugin.dll . Just put it into \Plugins\VaOcean\Binaries\Win64\ folder.

Now is working. Installs without recompiling and opens the blueprint, but the blueprint is empty. And the options do not appear to generate the waves with realistic effect.

Images

[QUOTE=casiopaier;71160]

I switched to photobucket. Try again.

Yes, i have the same problem…
Now we have to wait for an update

Ufna. Maybe if you compile the again with the new “Dll”, fix the problem.

[QUOTE=;64700]
By the way, I’ve updated buoyancy component - now it can be used for static meshes too:

It works fast, and physics beign calculated only of actor is lower than ocean level.

That looks great, how would one get the buoyancy component? I downloaded the full source and the release binary, but I can’t find it?

Thanks, great work!

Is the capable of collision/buoyancy for larger meshes, such as ships?

Any plans to add white cap support?

Looks awesome!