Plugin interface disappears on editor restart

I have an interface provided by a plugin that I need to add to my character class. Every time I restart the editor however, the interface is removed. I can add other interfaces to my character, and the same interface breaks when added to other actors. I can re-add the interface and I get no warnings, but something seems to happen on load which clears the interface out.

In my project log, it appears that the /Script/FoliagePlugin package is not being found. The only warning I can find related to the plugin is:
“Warning: VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object ‘Package /Script/FoliagePlugin’”

I’ve tried setting the LoadingPhase to PreDefault (from default), but this seems to cause the editor to crash on load with the following error:

Assertion failed: ModularFeature != nullptr [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Features\ModularFeatures.cpp] [Line: 36]

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know anything about plugins /Script packages not being found on load?
    or
  2. Is there a way I might be able to add the plugin interface directly to my c++ character, so that it inherits to the BP character? (I’m wondering if that might stick)

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Hi i also faced this problem. Is there any way to solve this problem

Hey! I didn’t really solve it but I found a workaround if you’re using C++! I was able to #include the plugin files to the C++ version of my character class and add the interface there. Now it does not reset when I restart the editor

Hi i also faced this problem. Is there any way to solve this problem

I’ve solve this problem, it was caused by the wrong loading phase of some plugins, You need to modify the *.uplugin file of the plugin, change the module LoadingPhase to PreLoadingScreen, and change the Type to Runtime

1 Like

Thank you! Worked for me