[Plugin] Http/s REST, blueprintable JSON and Parse REST API manager at once (VaRest)

What’s the error? Are you using code-based project?

Whoops! I maybe downloaded the 4.3 version on accident, it seems to work fine now. My bad!

Once more thank you!

Is there support for retrieving arrays from a webpage? I haven’t found a way to do it yet.

What do you want excactly? Example will be welcomed :slight_smile:

Hey is the current version working for 4.5.1?

Yes, it is.

Hi ,

Really good work with the plugin :slight_smile: I have implemented it in my project but have run into some issues with an exception being thrown in the Reset() function of the UVaRestJsonObject.

The logic of my blueprint follows the GET example from the UE4 wiki with the change that I delay at the end of the sequence of nodes and then delay for a short time before looping through the logic again.
I have found when the target server is not found and the the OnRequestFail event is firing repeatedly that after a minute or two that the application will crash with the following error:

The break is at line 20 of VaRestJsonObject.cpp during the call to JsonObj.Reset()

I have a feeling it might be due to the fact that the FJsonObject class is not inheriting from UObject and is not A USTRUCT either meaning that the engine GC is having trouble cleaning it up that is purely a guess from me after I read the Garbage Collection and Memory Management wiki pages for the Unreal Engine. I was wondering if you had encountered this issue before and what I might be able to do to fix this issue / help you fix this issue.

I am unable to compile after switch to 4.6. Any word on an update for 4.6? Thank you for this awesome plugin!

I’ll be appreciated if you construct minimal BP example of the issue that I can check on my own :slight_smile:

I’ve made an update for UE 4.6-preview, here it is: https://github.com//VaRest/releases/tag/1.1-rc7

Would love to give your plugin a go, a pre-build version of 4.5.1 would be great as I can’t test it at this moment. The 4.6 and 4.4 both fail as I’m working on a blueprint (no code) version/game.

Could you rebuild it for 4.5.1 as well? 4.5 preview and 4.4 are not working with 4.5.1

“Blueprint only” game won’t let you package the game with external plugins. If you’re using plugins and want to package them you must switch you project to “C++ game”.

Does this also mean I have to get the full Unreal Engine source from git? Like I said I’m still learning UE4 and learning C++ isn’t something on my priority list at the moment as I’m working with blueprints only

No, you can use binary engine by Epic :slight_smile: You just need minimal C++ project.

Thanks I will give this a try this week. Can I use the 4.4 release for the 4.5.1 release version? (your plugin skipped 4.5.1?)

Yes, 4.4 release will work with UE 4.5, that’s why I’ve skipped it :slight_smile:

When I’ve put it in my project it doesn’t seem to work :frowning:
Version: 4.6.0-2369412

It says that your version at https://github.com//VaRest/releases/tag/1.1-rc7 was built with different version and it needs to be recompiled, but it doesn’t do it when I click yes. Am I missing something?

It was pre-built for UE 4.6.0-preview. I’ll make an update soon. But I recommend you to switch to code-based project instead of blueprints only, because plugins are not fully supported for blueprints-only projects.

Can’t wait to get my hands on this!!

Thanks so much for exposing this kind of functionality to us that are C++ impaired! :slight_smile:

May I ask, is this tested on mobile platforms (Android, iOS, HTML5)

Thanks,
James